The society in which we live is surrounded by global problems such as global warming, resource shortages, and poverty, as well as various regional issues such as a shortage of successors to local industries, a decrease in employment opportunities, and a population outflow. Under such circumstances, attention is being paid to the form of business that aims to create a better society by sharing wisdom and working together to solve problems among various people who are responsible for society. Our thoughts and ideas may be the trigger to change the world.
At this symposium, with the key words of “entrepreneurship,” “business creation,” “regional revitalization,” and “globalization,” we will work together with people from industry, government, academia, and finance to realize more prosperous and attractive urban development for the future, and to promote globalization. I would like to talk with you about the possibility of expansion. It will be held in a hybrid format. We look forward to your participation.
Overview of the event
- Date and time: Saturday, August 26, 2023, 14:00-17:30 (doors open at 13:30)
- Holding format: Hybrid format
- (Minami Uonuma Civic Center Large Hall / online delivery via Zoom)
- Language: Japan Language (English simultaneous interpretation available)
- Organizer: International University of Japan
- Co-sponsored by: Minamiuonuma City
- Target: Anyone with an interest can participate.
- Participation fee: Free
Program (titles omitted)
14:00-14:05 Opening Remarks
– Hiroyuki Itami (President, International University of Japan)
14:05-14:10 Guest Speech
– Kenichi Kanai (Director, Industry and Labor Department, Niigata Prefecture)
14:10-14:25 Mayor’s Lecture “Efforts of Minamiuonuma City for Business Creation”
– Shigeo Hayashi (Mayor of Minamiuonuma City)
14:25-14:50 Keynote Speech “Digital and Well-Being – A New Form of Regional Economy in Response to Population Decline -“
– Keisuke Murakami (Director General, Digital Agency)
——-Break (10 minutes)——-
15 :15-16:35 Panel discussion “How to connect regional and global social issues?” Company accos Representative Director) - Wataru Ishida (Deputy General Manager, Consulting Division, Daishi Hokuetsu Bank) - Katsutoshi Koshigoe (General Manager, Minamiuonuma City Industrial Promotion Department) - Manabu Funabashi (International University Graduate School of International Management, Associate Professor) - Abdulazeez Idiaro (International University) Graduate School of International Management/IUJ International Entrepreneur Club)
16:50-16:55 Closing Remarks
– Hiroshi Kato, Vice President, International University of Japan
17:00-17:30 Exchange meeting (at the foyer of Minami Uonuma Civic Center)
* Moderator: Fujio Kariya (former NHK announcer/commentary committee member)
Please select a participation method from the following and feel free to apply from the application form.
*Application deadline: Friday, August 25, 2023
*For those who have applied online, you will receive a confirmation email regarding your participation in the webinar after registration.
Inquiries about this event
IUJ Top Global University Promotion and Regional Collaboration Office
TEL: 025-779-1459 MAIL: sgu[at]iuj.ac.jp
*Information about this symposium (IUJ website)